Museum was opened on March 10, 1986 in a old city of Orsk, it’s historical area, on the place of former Orsk fortress. Street, where it is situated, since 1908 has the name of the great Ukrainian poet. The house where museum was situated once belonged to a well-known Orsk family. The bases of the exposition are the gifts of Kyiv National Museum of T.G. Shevchenko: pieces of paintings, documents and other different exhibits. The halls of the museum are constantly re-newed by the gifts of the visitors, mostly from Ukraine.
In front of the visitors is wide open the whole poet’s life, but main attention get the months of his service in Orsk. They are in panoramas, composite pictures, paintings of the artists of Orsk.
Information from the web-site:http://taras-shevchenko.in.ua