This historical museum is dedicated to the study of radiology. It is located in Paris, in the 5th arrondissement, at 11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie. The museum was created in 1934 after the death of the Curies and is located on the first floor of the Curie building at the Radium Institute. Marie Curie's laboratory was once here, which she built in 1911-1914 and where she conducted her research from 1914 to 1934. It was here that her daughter Irene and son-in-law Frédéric Joliot-Curie discovered artificial radioactivity, for which they were awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1935.
The museum offers a permanent exhibition dedicated to radioactivity and its application in various fields, in particular in medicine. The main object of research is the work of the Curies, so in the museum you can see some of the most important scientific instruments that were used before 1940. In addition, the museum is a historical holdings center that houses archives, photographs and documents related to the Curies and the history of radioactivity and oncology. Entrance to the museum is free, so it is available to everyone.